I love the Libraries. And book stores. I can’t go in there without finding a new book to read. And it’s very very very hard for me to not spend money at the book stores, which is why I don’t often bring my debit card in the store with me. Just cash please ($5 minimum maybe).
And so this month, it looks like I’ve got about 21 books from the libraries. No joke. 21. Like I said I can’t help it.
From My Physical Local County Library…
These 5 books I got physically from my local library. 2 of them are possible Halloween themed related (a good spooky or Gothic book) and then there’s the 3 that all had to do with Jane Austen in some way.
First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen (Book 2 of the Waverley Sisters. I also have this with Netgalley, just thought I’d get the physical book to compare.)
Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman (characters obsession of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice)
Sense & Sensibility by Joanna Trollope (A homage to Jane Austen’s book)
Northanger Abbey by Val McDermid (A satire and homage to Jane Austen’s book, which was a satire and homage to Gothic fiction. Val’s book is 21st Century teen bop that is.)
The Lords of Salem by Rob Zombie with B. K. Evenson (Can’t get more Halloween Themed than Rob Zombie himself. This book was apparently published at the same time the movie was released I believe).
From the Overdrive.com Library…
Well Overdrive was offering a total limit of 10 books to be checked out. Now it’s 15. Heaven.
- Heroes Are My Weakness by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- Emma by Alexander McCall Smith
- Longbourn by Jo Baker
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
- A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff
- Been There, Done That by Carol Snow
- Mr. Churchill’s Secretary (Maggie Hope Mystery, Book 1) by Susan Elia Macneal
- Winner by Danielle Steel
- Innocence (with bonus short story Wilderness) by Dean Koontz
- The City (with bonus short story The Neighbor) by Dean Koontz
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy, Book 1) by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy, Book 1) by Stieg Larsson (*Audio read by Simon Vance)
- 22 Britannia Road by Amanda Hodgkinson
- 22 Britannia Road A Novel by Amanda Hodgkinson (*Audio read by Robin Sachs)
- Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin (*Audio read by Oliver Wyman)(I bought the kindle book over a year ago, a few months before the movie was released in theaters. It’s taken me that long just to read 20% of the book. It’s wordy. I don’t like wordy. But I am liking the story so I’ve still be picking it up every now and again. Now, this audio is helping me out. 20+ hours worth of audio, but still a help).
The final book from the libraries…
An Amazon Prime Lending Library book…
Lovehandles by Holly Jacobs
So I will probably be reading a couple of these books this month. lol. I am hoping for more to be read.