Poppy nominated me for this award. Poppy’s a Young Teen who I found because of my love for Harry Potter. She’s reading it for the first time. If only I could have that first time again. and again. Thank you Poppy for the nomination and well done on your blog.
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other Bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts About Me
- I am 39 years old.
- I love to read and watch movies.
- I read 75 books in 2014 and hope to read that many in 2015 too.
- I have started a Bucket List
- I was in the US Navy from 2003 to 2007.
- I got to drive a 800+ ship before I learned to drive a car (still don’t know how, nor do I have a license).
- I have 2 nieces and a nephew that I love to pieces and love to spoil.
- I have a lot of books that I own, and too many that are on my To-Be-Read (TBR) list.
- Magnetic Island, Australia was my favorite place that I visited during the deployments in the Navy.
- I have a Poodle doing named Peanut.
- I have 2 Shelfari.com Book Groups that I moderate: Lifetime Classic Books and Around the World.
11 Questions For Me
01. Where is your favorite place to read?
Beaches or at the mountains.
But as I don’t often go to those places…
Snug-as-bug in my bed, with all my pillows propt up behind me. And my dog laying up against my side.
Or on the couch with my legs stretched out and my dog laying on them to keep my legs warm.
02. What is your favorite quote from a book close to heart?
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.”
Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Scorcerer’s Stone.
03. List some books that you’ve read more than once.
I’ve reread a lot of books. So here’s the top ones and I’ve reread more than once.
Pride and Prejudice
Bridget Jones’s Diary
The Hunger Games
Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella
Austenland by Shannon Hale
Mr. Maybe by Jane Green
04. What is your favorite season and why?
Summer because I love the beach. And I love to swim.
And Winter because it’s such a cozy season. And the snow. And all the holidays.
05. What was the most memorable book that you read during your childhood?
Rain Makes Applesauce by Julian Scheer. And I’m not just talking silly talk. Also am thrilled to be able to share this with my nieces, who loves it too.
06. What else do you enjoy (when you’ve torn yourselves away from your bookshelves!)?
07. Busy Library – or quiet riverside?
08. What is the best gift that you’ve ever received?
09. Where is the most unusual place that you’ve ever dipped into a book at?
When I was in the Navy, anywhere on the ship that we could get some down time for reading, or sleep, you took it. Even if we had to sit on the dirty steel floors. Or in control rooms that required us to wear hearing protection. So unusual isn’t so strange for me now.
10. A stroll on the beach – or a ramble through the woodland?
11. Who is the most heroic character you have come across whilst reading?
A toss up between Katniss Everdeen and Mrs. Molly Weasley.
My 11 Nomimations
- Book Looks
- Aubrey @If Mermaids Wore Suspenders
- Michaela @Swoon Over Books
- Liz @ Nerdigirlbooks
- Elena @ Elena Johansen
- Sam @Taking on a World of Words
- Mali @Malireads
- Nicolette @A Little Bookish
- Country Book Worm
- Rebecca @Books and Messy Buns
- Stacey @Stacey is Sassy
11 Questions for the Nominees
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- From the last book you read, what quote did you like the most (if any)?
- List some books you’ve reread more than 2 times.
- There is a book that you’re finding either boring, irritating, or just something that you just don’t like a lot! Do you continue reading to finish the book? Or do you give up after reading 50+ pages?
- What was the most memorable book that you read during your childhood?
- Who is the most heroic character you have come across whilst reading?
- Where is the most unusual place that you’ve ever dipped into a book at?
- What else do you enjoy (when you’ve torn yourselves away from your bookshelves!)?
- A stroll on the beach – or a ramble through the woodland?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- If you could have one (1) fictional pet, who or what would it be?