Monday BFF Friendships
Each Monday night in December TCM presents two double features focusing on feminine relationships and hosted by Tiffany Vazquez of New York City, winner of our TCM Ultimate Fan contest and part of the 20th Anniversary Fan Guest Programmers.
TCM Girlfriends Monday Spotlight
Tonight’s theme is Girlfriends Coming of Age and Best Friends. Last week I made a post for Coming of Age. Here are some Best Friends from books.
From Books I read and loved
(2) Liesel Meminger and Rudy Steiner ♥ in The Book Thief by Mark Zusak. I saw the movie first, and SPOILER… despite knowing what happens, I still cried when I read the book. (end spoiler). Such a good book and movie too.
(3) Harry, Ron and Hermione in the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. I know I posted about them last week with the Coming of Age theme, but they are just so great.
(4) Jude, Shazzer (Sharon), Tom, and Bridget in Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding. Love these characters! And such great friends.
From My To Be Read Pile
(1) (Mary) “Benny” and Eve ♥ in Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy. FAVORITE!
(2) Aibleen and Minny ♥ in The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Loved these two in the movie.
(3) Maddie “Kittyhawk” and Julia “Verity” in Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein.
(4) Carmen, Lena, Bridget and Tibby in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. I liked the movies. I might be giving the books a try in 2016.
(5) Emma and Josh in The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler. Love the plot description.
(6) Beth and Jennifer in Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. Rowell’s books have been on my tbr for ages… which ones first???????????????
(6) Simon and Penny in Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.
“Man’s Best Friend” (and woman’s too)
My poodle, Peanut, wouldn’t forgive me if I didn’t add friendships with dogs too.
I can spout out a bunch of books with dogs in them, because I love dogs. So to go with the theme, here’s books where I can’t think of one character without thinking of their dog too.
Books I Read
(1) Snoopy and Charlie Brown ♥ in Snoopy, Man’s Best Friend by Charles M. Schulz (and other Peanuts stuff by Schultz). Truly a Man’s Best Friend!!!!!!!!!!!
(2) Fang and Hagrid ♥ in Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. Best characters of the Harry Potter series IMO.
(3) Chet and Bernie in A Cat was Involved by Spencer Quinn. A cute duo. And I love that the point of view is through the dog’s.
(4) Darth Daisy and August in Wonder by R. J. Palacio. SPOILER – tear jerker.
(5) Bliss and Elizabeth in Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson. Jane Austen retelling and dogs, my favorite things in one story.
From My To Be Read Pile
(1) Bigsby and Henry in Henry and Ribsy by Beverly Cleary. Love Beverly’s Ramona and Beezus books. Don’t know why I didn’t read these as well when I read the other books by Beverly.
(2) Dogs and Betty White. ♥ Her bio book If You Ask Me by Betty White is on my tbr. Betty, a true dog lover.
(3) Enzo and Dennis in The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Has been recommended to me a lot.
(5) Henry and Izzy in A Girl’s Best Friend by Liz Young. Just because of the title (and the author too).
(6) Manchee and Todd in The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. Has been recommended to me a lot.
Wow. Did I leave any out? lol
What’s your favorites?