Siblinghood Award 2
This is my second nominee for this. Bookidote nominated me, and they have come up with some good questions. They were hard to answer, but I liked them.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
2. Put the award logo on your blog
3. Answer the ten questions you were given
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
5. Nominate ten other blogs
(01) If you could talk to any historical character in time, what advice would you give him or her?
Florence + The Machine – St Jude
(02) If you were stranded on an island, which human fictional character would you want by your side for the rest of your life and why?
(03) You have this magical book where you can write your future and make it come true. What would the first and last thing you’d put down?
The first thing that I’d take care of is the fact that I’m overweight. I’d like to be at that perfect healthy weight again.
The last thing… to have some more F2F friendships. Social media is great, but having that Face2Face friend is better.
(04) A curse has been put onto a child. He can only read one book in his life. What would you tell him to read?
If there’s witches or wizards putting curses on the poor kid, I’d tell them to enroll in a Kwikspell lesson, or look through their libraries for a spell book that will help them reverse the spell.
(05) You are given the opportunity to be an English literature teacher. What are three books you’d make students read and one project you’d make them do?
Wonder by R. J. Palacio (21st century cause and effect of bullying through a few point of views).
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
William Shakespeare’s Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope by Ian Doescher (William Shakespeare style of play poetry – iambic pentameter, and Star Wars all wrapped up in one).
The Project – as a group of 5 or so, pick a movie, and write the first act/ scene in Iambic Pentameter (Shakespeare style).
(06) You get to adapt one book into a movie; remake or not. What would it be and how would you make sure it’s a success?
I can’t name just one. That’s too hard for me. So here’s a few top books that I thought should…
(Hitchhiker’s Guide, Book 2) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams – they made the movie for book 1, now I want the others too.
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman – love the BBC dramatic radio performance, now I want the movie.
I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella – love this book the most by Kinsella.
Dog on It by Spencer Quinn – Chet (a dog) and Bernie mystery series.
There are so many more favorite books that I’d love to add, but I think these books would be just as great as movies, with a good cast that is.
(07) Your favorite movie deserves a sequel. You are given the task to write its sequel as a book. What would it be about?
Too many favorites for me to try this one.
(08) You’re evil for one day; assuming you aren’t every other day. What is the first thing you’re going to do?
Sleep in and take a time-out from the chaos of life to have some me time.
(09) Your favorite fictional character comes to life for a whole day before going back to his or her next adventure; that you know of or not. What would you do?
Hermione Granger so that I could find out some of her favorite books she might have read, fiction books that is.
(10) You’ve become the leader of all leaders, a World Ruler. What would be your first political move?
As my 5 year old niece has said before about people wanting to rule the world… “No one can be the only ruler of Earth. There’s many rulers.”
My Ten New Questions for my Nominees to answer
- How long have you been blogging?
- E-book vs Paper – Between the two, what do you own the most books?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- What genre or book type is out of your comfort zone?
- What was your favorite book that you read this year?
- Who is your favorite animal or pet characters?
- Who is your favorite dream-guy hero characters?
- Apples and Oranges: Normally the book is better than the movie. What movie do you think was better than the book?
- What is your favorite holiday or season?
- Did you set any goals this year, and did you complete them?
Nominate Ten 5 other Blogs
- The Infernal Reader
- The Bookworm Chronicles
- Sarah Spelbring
- Cafe Book Bean
- A Book and Two Cups of Tea