It’s Tuesday again, and I’m really hoping to get some reading done this week. I’m hoping to set an hour of reading time or more. So today’s TBR (to-be-read) list will be long so that I can plan for the next few weeks or so.
Please leave comments or opinions. I’d love to hear what you reader’s and Word friends think. It’ll help me weed through my list.
I’m really hoping to start reading one of my books I got from Christmas.
- See Me by Nicholas Sparks
- Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts
- Dashing Through the Snow by Deborah Macomber. Thank you to the Bookish Ladies for this book.
But I also have to work on reading some of my library books. I think I’ll go with the physical books I got.
- Northanger Abbey (The Austen Project: Book 2) by Val McDermid
- Sense & Sensibility by Joanna Throllope
- Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman
Maybe I’ll even finish reading some books I’ve already started reading and then set aside.
You see, I have this habit of starting to read a book, and then get side tracked with something else, mostly just another newer book. And so I’ll put the book I started on a sort of pause, and a lot of them have been on pause for too long. So now, I need to quite procrastinating and just play those books.
So books that have been on “Pause” too long…
Books I own or from the library…
- Northanger Abbey (The Austen Project: Book 2) by Val McDermid – I’ve been trying to read this book since October 2015. It’s a library book and I keep renewing it. I just have 100 pages left, so hopefully I can get this done asap.
- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen 55%. I started reading this before December, and set it aside so that I can read some Christmas books. I will get back to this.
- Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin (Audio read by Oliver Wyman) 24% I started reading this when the movie was released, which was more than a year ago? I think. This has been a pretty long read, and I’m not giving up.
- A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond I have been trying to read this to my niece. We have about 100 more pages to read.
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery 12%. Started reading this in November but paused because I needed to read other books for some group challenges.
- World War Z by Max Brooks 14%. I have the kindle edition and the unabridged dramatized audio. Just haven’t had the time (or sometimes courage) to keep reading it.
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks 16%. I started reading this, but I think watching the movie as many times as I have, it’s spoiled the story for me.
- Atonement by Ian McEwan 12%. Slow start so far, and I’ve seen the movie a lot to spoil it.
- Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire 20% I was liking it, but it’s been over a year that I started this.
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth 7%
- Been There, Done That by Carol Snow 5%
- Miranda’s Big Mistake by Jill Mansell 13%
- Happiness for Beginners by Katherine Center 7%
- Lovehandles by Holly Jacobs 5% (Amazon Prime library)
- Innocent by Dean Koontz 20%. Don’t think I’ll finish this. Maybe. I was just not liking the characters and the way Koontz built up the story.
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier. I tried reading this over 10 years ago. Got about less than halfway with my paperback copy and gave up. A couple years ago I got the audiobook through iTunes, so I’ll try some “Immersion Reading.”
And then there’s the Netgalley books…
- Accidentally Hers by Jamie Beck 24%
- Mine Under the Mistletoe by Kat Latham 54% Really am not liking this.
- The Fireside Inn by Lily Everett 11%
The books at the top of all these lists are some I’m thinking of reading sooner than the others.