TBR 2016 Books Coming Soon
All the holidays have past, and our house is no longer filled with visitors. I finally can set time for some reading.
I haven’t found that many upcoming new books that I’m looking forward to reading for 2016, so that’s why this post is late on Tuesday I’m curious as to why I can’t find that many books for 2016!?! Are they all being spammed by the erotica romance trying to pass of as literature?
So with the list you see here, if there’s any you think I’ll like, let me know. Please. I would love to add to my TBR pile for 2016.
- Glass Sword (February 9, 2016) by Victoria Aveyard. I don’t often read the first book of a series before the next book is released. In the case of the Red Queen series, I read the first book before the second books release by accident – I didn’t realize this would be a series. The first book is such a cliche of all the Dystopian series, but I did like Victoria’s writing.
- The Passenger (January 5, 2016) by Alexandra Bracken. I don’t have that much time to add any more books with series. I still have to finish the Divergent series (read only the first book). And I still want to read The Assassin’s Curse series by Cassandra Rose Clarke. And now The Passenger has been getting some positive reviews, and at least it looks like it’s only a 2 part series.
Really Good Possibilities:
- Falling (July 12, 2016) by Jane Green. Love Jane Green’s Mr. Maybe, and so far that’s been the best by her. Looking forward to reading some more by her.
- Just Kiss Me (August 25, 2016) by Rachel Gibson. I do like some of Rachel’s books. A lot of them are very predictable, but there’s been some gems that are still good I think. The blurb to this looks all too familiar and predictable, but it does sound a little fun. So far. With just the blurb that is.
- Eligible: A modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice (April 19, 2016) by Curtis Sittenfeld. I’m a Jane Austen fan, and I also like reading these modern retelling stories of her works.
- Modern Lovers (May 31, 2016) by Emma Straub.
- The Weekenders (May 17, 2016) by Mary Kay Andrews. Might read this or her other books.
Just a Maybe:
These are all new-to-me authors, so I might read their other books first.
- By The Numbers (June 21, 2016) by Jen Lancaster.
- The High Mountains of Portugal (February 2, 2016) by Yann Martel.
- First Comes Love (June 28, 2016) by Emily Giffin.
Own Already Thanks to Netgalley ARC:
- Yuki Chan in Brontë Country (Jan 21, 2016) by Mick Jackson. This looked good. It will be my first Brontë retelling/ salute. I loved Wuthering Heights! I’d love to reread that this year. Maybe for October. And I think I read Jane Eyre in high school, but it’s just been decided since, so that needs a read through too.
- A Girl’s Guide to Moving On: A Novel (February 23, 2016) by Debbie Macomber. Second book I got from Netgalley.com by Debbie Macomber. Looking forward to reading this soon. Of course, I still have to read her latest Christmas Book I got (Dashing Through the Snow), and the one from last year too (Starry Night). And my goal is to also start reading her Ceder Cove series and Blossom Street stuff. Plus, the Rose Harbor series, which also has another book being released this year for that series too.
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend (January 19, 2016) by Katarina Bivald.
- My Name Is Lucy Barton (January 12, 2016) by Elizabeth Strout.
- The Restaurant Critic’s Wife (January 5, 2016) by Elizabeth LaBan.
- Match Me If You Can (January 14, 2016) by Michele Gorman.