Best of Book Boyfriends
When I read Heroes Are My Weakness by Susan Elizabeth Phillips in March of 2015, the book had me thinking of all those Heroes in my favorite books, better known as Book Boyfriends. And then I compiled a list on Shelfari of all my favorites.
Here is the Top Ten of my favorite Heroes. (And some notables too).
Deciding who the #1 Hero should be was too difficult, so here’s a tie for first…
01. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Love Jane Austen. I have another Austen best of I’ll be posting tomorrow. Of all of Jane’s Heroes, Mr. Darcy is my favorite.♥ My Review.
01. Westley from The Princess Bride by William Goldman
I love this book. I love the movie. Saw the movie first and was hesitant to read this. But I love both mediums. After I read this I just had to rewatch the movie. My Review.
The others are…
02. Luke in The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks. Loved this book!! 5★♥ And love Luke, a Rodeo Bull Rider and pure cowboy. ♥ My Review.
03. Jack Harper!♥ in Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella. Jack is my favorite Kinsella hero. Love Kinsella’s stand-alone books. My Review.
04. Dr. Alex Stewart in Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern. aka Love, Rosie. sigh Alex ♥. My Review.
05. Logan Thibault in The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. ♥ A marine veteran… And I love his dog Zeus too. My Review.
06. Everett Coburn in Nowhere but Home by Liza Palmer. Queenie’s lifetime love, a wealthy citizen of the town. My Review.
07. Er Lang in The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo. An official of the afterlife. Really loved this book! A fantasy, folklore, mystery, romance… and so much more. My Review.
08. Nick in Mr. Maybe by Jane Green. Loved Nick!♥ poor unpublished writer. My Review.
09. Mr. Nobley!♥ in Austenland by Shannon Hale. And LOVED the the movie too!!! My Review.
10. Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding. Grew up with Bridget. Family and parents friends are always trying to set them up together. Very successful barrester. Divorced. And my review.
#1 Honorable is The Men in Girl Before a Mirror by Liza Palmer. Main character goes to a Rom-Com (Romance Book Convention). There’s a contest to see which Romance Book Cover Model is the best of the year, and the main character is one of the judges. Plus all the other men are great too! My Review.
- Theo Harp ♥ in Heroes Are My Weakness by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Horror writer and Annie’s former step-brother.
- Charles “Chaz” Pendergast! in Queen of Babble Gets Hitched (Queen of Babble, Book 3) by Meg Cabot. ♥ Love this guy. And I love rereading this book.
- Heathcliff! ♥ in Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.
- Sam Blaine! in According To Jane by Marilyn Brant ♥ A reformed Willoughby!
- Ryan in I Need a Hero by Emma Bennet. The quintessential gentleman.
- Spencer Bolton in An Affair to Dismember by Elise Sax. Chief of Police of Cannes, California. Loved this guy.♥
- Johnny LaVenture in Love Letters by Katie Fforde. Wire sculptor artist. Teased Cleo when they were kids – called her “Misa” (short for “Me Sir”) and teacher’s pet.♥
- Josh in Asking for Trouble by Liz Young. ♥ Hired by Sophy to pretend to be her boyfriend. Loved him much more than the movie version The Wedding Date with Debra Messing.
- Kíli ♥ in The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. Nephew of Thorin and younger brother of Fíli. Who knew these Dwarves could be such romantics.