Start of February and it’s already looking like it might be a busy month. But one thing I’m going to try to work on this month is to not go crazy for the Valentine’s Day Candy. Especially for those sugar candy hearts. So tempting.
Here’s my reading and movie watching plan for February… hopefully it will help me forget about the candy.
Challenges and Read-Alongs
From February 1st to March 2nd, TCM will be airing a Oscar Award or nominee movie 24/7 a day. The list is long, so I will be picking 1 movie to watch on that same day and to review it while watching the movie. First up… Ben-Hur since I’ve already watched the 1925 Silent Film.
“WELCOME TO 360º of Oscar
They say it’s not what you know, but WHO you know. TCM’s 31 Days of Oscar let’s you prove it. Every film in our month-long lineup includes a performer linking it to the next. No actor is repeated and the last film in the month is linked to the very first, making it a genuine 360° of Oscar event. Think you can make every cinema connection?”
Group Challenges and Readings:
There’s 2 different Group Read-Along Books that I’m looking forward to reading (well more like a reread). And then there’s the Around the World group’s February Monthly Challenge.
From my physical list…
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- The Star Wars Trilogy (Star Wars to Return of the Jedi) by George Lucas, Donald F. Glut and James Khan.
- Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them by “Newt Scamander”
- Quidditch Through the Ages by “Kennilworthy Whisp”
- The Dinner by Herman Koch – thanks to Blogging for Books ARC.
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee (if the Overdrive audio becomes available in February, if not maybe next month then)
From the Kindle and Netgalley:
- First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
- Book 4 of The Hitchhicker’s Guide to the Galaxy: So Long and Thanks For All the Fish by Douglas Adams. (Have the hardcover series too)
- Book 2 in the Night Watch series: Day Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko.
- Book 2 in the Divergent trilogy: Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
- Yuki Chan in Brontë Country by Mick Jackson
- A Girl’s Guide to Moving On: A Novel by Debbie Macomber
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
- My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout.
- Match Me If You Can (January 14, 2016) by Michele Gorman
- And probably some books from my TBR list.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
From the TV TBR Bag
- Northanger Abby by Val McDermid
- A Bear Named Paddington by Michael Bond
- See Me by Nicholas Sparks
- Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts
- Persuasion by Polly Shulman
- Sense & Sensibility by Joanna Throllope
And James Bond
The first book: Casino Royal by Ian Fleming.
TBW From the Movie Shelves:
- Jake Gyllenhaal 3 Blu-Ray Disk: Brothers, Enemy, and Source Code.
- Trainwreck (2015)
- Wild (2014)
- Unbroken (2015)
- Death Comes to Pemberley
- Supernatural Season 8
- BBC Northanger Abby
- The Best of Me
- Safe Have
- Copper Seasons 1 &2
- The Reader
- The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas
- And probably some Rom-Com romances for Valentine’s Day, which includes some Hallmark Movies too.
- It Happened One Night
- Up From Slavery (documentary)
- The Aviator
- Sophie’s Choice
- The Big Chill
- And the TCM Challenge
Netflix DVDs TBW
- Before We Go
- Transformers: Age of Extinction (2914 starring Mark Whalberg)
Amazon & Netflix Streaming
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
- Jessica Jones
- Ripper Street
- BBC Being Human
- And other stuff on those long watch-lists.
The Hobbit (aka rewatch with the extended disk)
- An Unexpected Journey (2 disk special)
- The Desolation of Smaug (2 disk special)
- The Battle of the Five Armies (extended edition 5 disks)