Friday has finally come! Thank goodness. All though I still have things to do this week. And my 5 year old niece is spending the night for a “sleepover party” on Sunday because she has a week off from school for Spring Break. Yup, vacation time and holidays are just around the corner. I wish I can get a vacation time too. At least my shoulder injury feels like it’s getting a little bit better.
Ikea is Nuts I tell you!!!
At least one of our projects have been completed for the end bedroom remodeling – I built an Ikea desk. If you’re not familiar with Ikea’s products then it’s important to know that you have to set up and build the product yourself. Their is a customer support, and I think my sister says that for some items they’ll come and assist you, but I had to build this desk myself – with some help from my mom, but she couldn’t understand the directions. It’s all visual – no words! It took me a while to build it but I got it done. It only took me a couple of hours but that’s because there was so many nuts and screws for this little desk! I think there was about 40 pieces or something! Good grief! Now we just need to build the little stand/ shelf Ma got for the room. Hopefully that won’t have complicated directions like the desk, let alone take as long to set up!
Cleaning up my Kindle Storage
I’m currently cleaning out the “storage” on my Kindle Fire. I don’t want to but apparently I need more storage space on the kindle in order for it to work properly. Gah! It says that I’m low on storage and need to Archive some items (mostly all books and those doc books from Netgalley). I’m never thrilled about doing that. So here’s a short list of the things I’m sending into the cloud to be downloaded once I’ve read some of these other books.
- Micro by Michael Crichton. I’ve still got another book of his on my kindle that I’m looking forward to reading for this year.
- The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict by Trenton Lee Stewart. My cousin highly recommended that I read this because he really liked this series, but I’ve had this on the kindle without any interest of reading it soon so it’s off to the cloud with ya. Sorry cousin.
- The Mysterious Bendict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.
- The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell. I thought I might like this, but then I saw an episode of the CW tv show and it’s put me off in wanting to read this soon. Off with you I say.
- The Gift by Cecelia Ahern. I do like Cecelia but there’s a lot of other books of her’s on my kindle that needs to be read. Off for now.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Reading on my kindle with the iTunes audio book read by Emma Messenger. 50% read. Love Emma’s accents for some of these characters. She’s made them a little more tolerable.
- Castle Rackrent by Maria Edgeworth. 6% read. Slow start.
- First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen. 11% read. Good so far.
- Confessions of an Ugly Step-Sister by Gregory Maguire. 27% read. I paused my reading from a couple years ago so I’ve been trying to refresh on where I left off at.