March Monthly Recap
The end of another month here. I wish there was more days so that I can actually get some reading and reviewing done. I was able to finish one book this month though. I have finally gotten around to watching some of the programs and movies on our dvr. My lack of reading probably has to do with my pinched nerve at my neck/ shoulder (somewhere around there) and tense muscles. But I think it’s getting better so hopefully I’ll get some more reading done soon.
The Book I Read
Northanger Abbey by Val McDermid. This is the second book of The Austen Project series. There’s two other books to this series so far, along with one more book being released on April 19th (Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld). I’m looking forward to reading Emma by Alexander McCall Smith (book 3). These are satires to Jane Austen‘s books. Val McDermid normally writes mystery books (not my go-to genre) and so this author is New-To-Me.
Review coming soon. I promise.
The Movies I Watched
TCM 31 Days of Oscars movie challenge. I finished watching the movies for my personal challenge for watching one movie that the TCM channel aired from February 1st to March 2nd. The majority of those 31 movies were ones that I have not watched till then. I was able to finish watching the last 5 movies at the beginning of the month of March:
- Lili (1953),
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941),
- Billy Wilder‘s The Apartment,
- Only Angels Have Wings (1930),
- Sense and Sensibility (1995 rewatch),
- and my last 31 movie – Romance in the High Seas (1948).
My favorites from those Oscar movies were:
- Cool Hand Luke starring Paul Newman. Rated at 9 out of 10 Stars
- Rewatching the 1954 Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn. Rated 10 All Stars.
- Million Dollar Mermaid (1952) starring Esther Williams. Rated at 9 Stars.
- And rewatching the 1995 Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. Rated at 9 Stars.
Other movies were from TCM as well, with a highlight of Jerry Lewis‘s 90th Birthday and watching his movie The Bellboy.
I have been able to watch a few new movies this week and even some Godzilla movies too. I hope to post the reviews asap.
The Best of Posts in March
Here are a few posts that I of course liked and thankfully others liked too.
- March Spotlight Artists with an Irish theme and artists I like – Maria Doyle Kennedy, Maria Edgeworth, and Dolores O’Riordon (from The Cranberries).
- The Rip It or Ship It Tag, with a twist where I picked actors I thought would best fit those character roles in the books.
- My Throwback 80s Music soundtrack playlist. For Throwback Thursday‘s posts I normally dig out some old reviews and repost them here on my blog. But for this particular Thursday I posted a sort of playlist of just some of the many 1980s music I loved while I grew up as a youngster at that time (born in 1976).
- The Beautiful Blogger Award with 7 Fun Facts About Me.
- TBR Tuesday& Netgalley Book ARCs. I have received a huge amount of books from Netgalley.com since I joined back in 2013 (I think). I am definitely way behind so I made a list of books that I should start working on asap and they all starts with the letter A.
- March Kindle First Books. Every month Amazon offers Prime Members one free kindle book a month or so before it’s published. I’ve been posting the synopsis of each book from the monthly emails I received for the month. This has helped me (and I hope others) in picking which Prime book to choose from.
And that’s about how my month went. A lot of blog posting and movie watching. Hopefully April will be a good reading month.