“It’s just another manic Monday
I wish it were Sunday
‘Cause that’s my fun day
My I don’t have to run day
It’s just another manic Monday”
–Manic Monday by The Bangles
sigh The Bangles had it right about Monday. These are the days when I wish my bed was already made. For some people, like my sister, the weekend is a time to get the chores done along with some fun stuff. But not me. My chores is done throughout the weekdays. My cousin left this morning from her short visit with us. I think our dog Peanut misses her brown dog Newton. And with her gone it means that I’ve got to do some extra cleaning because Newton hair does shed a lot compared to Peanut’s Poodle hair. And the house must be cleaned for Gramps’s asthma.
But in the meantime, here is some things that I’m super excited about and can’t wait to tell you all about it on my Wazzup Wednesday posts.
A Barnes & Noble book store visit
Today I went over to my Gym to use their pool and jacuzzi. It helped my shoulder a bit but then I had to carry around my backpack with my change of clothes and stuff. It also wasn’t fun for my right foot because I was wearing some new-ish shoes, so now I have a blister. So I went off to the book store to do some browsing at the store.
Well what did I find there but non other than a Stan Lee book, with chapters and all.
And my copy is a Barnes & Noble special because it has a Q&A with Stan Lee. The book is The Zodiac Legacy: The Dragon’s Return. It turns out that this is the second book of the Zodiac Legacy so I also bout the first book, Convergence, on my kindle.
And now I’ve looked at their Website and found my Zodiac sign, though I already knew it, but just wanted to see what they’ll say. I’m a Dragon: noble, self-assured, magnanimous, and my “Friends” are Rats and Roosters.
The books are by Disney Press and written by Stan Lee, Stuart Moore and artwork by Andie Tong. This looks like a good series to add to my bookshelf and am looking forward to reading this soon. There isn’t that many graphics because this is more of a novel than anything.
Why am I so excited to reading these books? Well besides the fact that the books look interesting, it’s also because Stan Lee is going to be at the Los Angeles Book Fair this weekend (April 9th @ 11 am). I so wish that I could go to that event. I’ve never been to a Book Festival, just some music festivals or such.
I just recieved an email this morning from Amazon to inform me that my pre-order for Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD) has been SHIPPED!! I pre-ordered this edition back on March 23rd. Tracking Package tells me that I should expect the movie by tomorrow by 8PM (but I’m hoping it’s sooner than 8). Also the details of the Special Features is on the Amazon page finally (they weren’t posted when I made a Wazzup Wednesday post on March 23rd). Here’s the Special Features:
Star Wars Blu-Ray/DVD Special Features
- “Secrets Of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey — For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this full-length documentary
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read — Cast members, familiar and new, reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script
- Building BB-8 — See how J.J. Abrams and team brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe
- Crafting Creatures — Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life
- Blueprint Of A Battle: The Snow Fight — Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony — The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
- ILM: The Visual Magic Of The Force — An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects
- Plus — Deleted Scenes”
I’m counting down the moment almost here. I loved the movie when I saw it on the big screen and am really excited to seeing those Special Features.