It is National Library Week here in the U.S. So today I went to one of my local libraries (there’s a county and state library). I ended up leaving with 4 books, which was fine because I’ve been working on finding books on the Overdrive.com library. So now I have 19 library books. I would have gotten more but my local library didn’t have that much options for new Adult books. It seems that they’ve been receiving new books for Children and Young Adults.
My Library Splurge
The majority of the selected books here are New-To-Me Authors, so any sort of feedback on these books would be most appreciated.
Here’s some of those books from those 19 library books I collected today.
From my local library:
- Not So New In Town by Michele Summers. Looks like this is book 2 of a series. From the back cover, the description didn’t seem like a series so hopefully it will be a Stand-alone book.
- The Great Christmas Knit-Off by Alexandra Brown. I’ve had her on my TBR list for quite some time now.
- Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid. So silly me. This book looked good on the library shelves. I brought it home and realized that I already have it on my kindle thanks to Netgalley. Oh well, now I can compare the two I guess.
- Keep Me Posted by Lisa Beazley. Another oops. A Netgalley book I forgot I had. But now now I can compare it to the Hardcover book.
- Dragon’s Breath by E. D. Baker (Tales of a Frog Princess, book 2). Read the first book in the series and liked it. It’s been a while since I read it so it’s time to get back to it.
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. Because of the title and the synopsis sounded good.
- The Long Walk by Stephen King, writing as Richard Bachman. The blurb sounds like a creepy Dystopian walking adventure. Oh and this will be my first Stephen King book. He’s been on my TBR list for ages. I’ve seen a lot of his movies but haven’t read any of his books. Yet.
- After Alice by Gregory Maguire. I’ve read both positive and negative reviews for this book. But I like Retelling stories so I’m going to give this a try… after I finish reading Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister.
So there’s some of those library books I picked up today. Have you read any of these? Any author that you like here?
Any feedback on these books would help me determine what books to put up higher on my TBR list so thank you.