A Sneak Peek at the Month of May
It’s now the 5th month of this year. How do I feel about that? I do have this nagging feeling that this year has been going by too quickly. I do wish that I had Hermione’s time turner device so that I can turn time back so that I can do more things that I feel have been left undone.
My New Phone!
On Friday I bought a new phone, or I traded my old one in for another phone that us. I got an iPhone 6 (small). It’s pink and shiny, but has a turquoise protection cover so that pink really doesn’t matter.
And what’s new with my iPhone? I can finally start using Instagram and such. On most of my past blog and social media pictures, they’ve been either taken from the web at random, or I’ve used my own camera (but not as of lately because I still need to charge it. Procrastinating).
What I’m reading
This month I think I have a lot of plans going on, along with the books I’m currently reading too.
- The Martian by Andy Weir. My mom and I will try to read The Martian this month. Neither of us have seen the movie yet, and I heard that watching the movie after has sort of helped understand the math & Science stuff.
- Flying by the Seat of My Knickers by Eliza Watson. Thanks to the author and YA Bound Book Tours, I’ve received a ARC kindle edition for my review.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. There is a Jane Eyre read along I’m hoping to take to work on that is hosted by The Edge of the Precipice. I’m also hoping to work on a couple of other Blogathons. Thankfully this year-long doesn’t start until May 29th, and she’s mentioned to expect to read this all summer long.
- And there’s also Clean Sweep ARC challenge that is being hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. So hopefully I will be able to read about three books this month.
What I’m watching
I’ll definitely be watching some random movies and shows, probably while I’m reading too. What I really want to do is work on my reviews for this month.
- Harry Potter. Today is a Battle of Hogwarts anniversary and in honor of that day I am hoping to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 for the umpteenth time tonight. I am already currently and halfway through re-reading Harry Potter and the Scorcerer’s Stone right now.
- May 4th be with you. Star Wars marathon maybe? I have already seen parts IV through VI multiple times including in the theaters. I am not a fan of parts I through III but I have seen them a couple times. As for the newest movie (part VII), I was so happy to see it in the theaters and I now have the Blu-Ray and DVD. I am very anxious to look at that those special features.
- Captain America: Civil War. That’s right I’m a fan of those superheroes. Captain America is my favorite, along with Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Wolverine. I had recently watched Ant-Man (review soon) and really liked the promise of Paul Rudd bringing some much needed humor to the Avengers group.
Fandango’s (and mine too) Man Crush Monday: