Sunshine Blogger Award
I was tagged by two of my favorite bloggers for this award: Eve Messenger & her other-word-ly endeavors and T. K. Lawrence @Read it or Leave it. Thank you both. Be sure to check out their blogs.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions they set for you.
Set some new questions and nominate five more bloggers
01) What are three things that make you laugh?
My niece, The Big Bang Theory tv show, and on occasions my dog Peanut, like right now. There’s a little thunder and rain going on here for us in So. California. Here she is shaking and panting under my sweeter. Scaredy cat. I mean dog. lol Continue reading “Sunshine Blogger Award”
The Beautiful Blogger Award
I was tagged for this award by Betwixt These Pages. Thanks for the tag. I recommend checking out her blog.
- Link to the blogger who nominated you.
- List seven random facts about you.
- Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers, and notify them
7 Facts About Me
1) Names Michelle and my nieces and nephew calls me Auntie Chelle.
2) I was in the U.S. Navy from 2003 to 2007. I was stationed on the USS Boxer ship and I’ve traveled to 8 countries during the 3 deployments.
3) My dog Peanut turned 13 this month. So Happy Birthday to her.
4) I love reading and my favorite author right now is Jane Austen.
5) Along with reading I also watch a lot of movies and tv shows. In February I challenged myself to watch a movie a day from TCM channel’s 31 Days of Oscar movies.
6) I’ll be 40 this year. I’m still not sure about that age. I’m a year old than Star Wars and my dear niece still thinks I’m younger than that ancient movie.
7) My favorite singer is between Tori Amos and Adele. My favorite song:
- Prima @Panda Hearts Book
- The Dante Diaries
- Elusive @Realistic Reader
- Annalisse @Hopeful Reads
- Lila @The Bookkeeper’s Secrets
- Rachael @Rachael Reads
An Oscar Sunday Night
Now normally my Sunday posts have been “Silent Sunday Nights” which was inspired from TCM’s Silent Sunday Nights with Silent Films. But tonight was the Oscar Academy Awards and this past month I’ve been trying to watch one movie per night from TCM’s 31 Days of Oscars (24/7 of Oscar award or nominee movies). So far I’ve watched 27 movies from the past 28 days and I’ve reviewed 26 of those movies.
As for tonight’s Oscar Awards, I’m out of the loop with the majority of these films. So did I watch all of the award show? Not even close. I think not seeing a lot of these movies is the reason why I wasn’t even watching the whole show. I did see the important parts, well the important stuff in my opinion.
Like Buzz and Woody celebrating Toy Story’s 20th Anniversary. And can’t forget about those Minions. And the best part was R2-D2, C-3PO and BB-8 appearance. That Star Wars bit was really sweet.
There was also a lot of black people presenting the awards, which was probably the Academy’s way of bringing some diversity to their all-white nominees. I don’t think it helped that much but at least next year they’ll supposedly try to bring more diversity to the nominees.
My favorites was Dave Grohl‘s performance during Oscar’s In Memoriam. This Rolling Stones magazine article says that not that many people know who David Grohl is, the drummer of the band Foo Fighters. Well phooey on them. I’m surprised they would say that. Even The Muppets know who Dave Grohl is.
I liked Lady Gaga‘s performance. It was a bit of a tear-jerker. Too bad these performances aren’t available yet on YouTube, but at least Rolling Stones has the video.
As for the winners, well it looks like Mad Max swept the sound and visual effects board. Leo DiCaprio got his Oscar finally. And Spotlight won the Best Picture. And Inside Out won Best Animation! I’m really glad they won for Anime. I loved that movie!
The Creative Blogger Award
I was tagged by Codie @Reader’sAnonymous for this award. Thank you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share 5 facts about yourself.
- Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
5 Fun Facts About Me…
(1) My name is Michelle. And my nickname all started with the way my sisters were only able to call me Chelle when we we’re younger. Now my two nieces and a nephew calls me Auntie Chelle.
(2) This is dear sweet Peanut, my dog. Well actually she was supposed to be my Grandpa’s dog, but when I moved in to help take care of him and my mom, Peanut has become my dog too. She’s a 14 year old (human years that is) Poodle. And she’s also a great lap warmer whenever I’m sitting down to read or watch movies or such. This is her fluffy look. She’ll look like a completely different dog after she gets groomed, maybe next week.
(3) I have a lot of favorite types of books. I thought that I would be posting just a few Best Of posts that listed my favorites, but it’s grown. A lot. Besides the book I’m currently reading, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen which is my favorite, my other favorite right now is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I’ve seen the movie countless times and I read the book after the first time seeing the movie.
(4) My favorite actor right now is Aidan Turner. I fell for him when we he was a vampire in the BBC show Being Human. I have yet to watch the current show Poldark, but I’m anxiously waiting to see that. I’ve given myself a little budget on how much I spend on movies and books, so if I want to buy that Poldark first series I’m going to hold off till it’s at a good bargain. I did love him as Killi in The Hobbit movies.
(5) A guilty pleasure of mine is watching those Hallmark movies. And reading cheesy romance books too.
- Stacey @Stacy is Sassy
- Elusive @Realistic Reader
- Klinta @Book Owl
- Michelle @Chelles Life in Books
- Amanda @Brains, Books and Brawns
I started blogging here since October 2015. What started as a little place to post book reviews has expanded to movies and television stuff that I’ve watched. Blogging here has been fun. And I really like finding other blogger friends here.
I was not expecting so many people responding to my blog so quickly. Actually I don’t know what I was expecting, except a little nook to write reviews and such. So thank you to all for following me, liking my posts, and taking the time to read them and leave comments.
Silent Sunday Nights
TCM channel is airing a very old Silent Film tonight, one from 1918 called The Blue Bird. These oldies have become a sort of comfort film for me. Comfort movies being the ones that you go to when you have a flu or cold (like myself right now). Where you just want something that will calm you, and even remind you of when you were younger. Like Sheldon wanting people to sing him “Soft Kitty” whenever he’s sick, from the show The Big Bang Theory.
I’d like to think I’m not like Sheldon when I’m sick, but I do know that I get a little grumpy and act like I just want to crawl under my blankets and die sometimes. Especially with this head cold! I can’t take Antihistamines for too long, maybe for just a day when I’m sick, or else my nose will become infected and bleed. Plus these coughs kill me! Almost made me throw-up at one point last night. And last time I was this sick like this, I did. It’s the pits.
So that’s my night. I wanted to tell you more in this post, like my go to comfort films and books. But I’m ughhh… there’s times when I think I feel better, and then this huge sinus headache will come, or my coughs will just not stop. At least my nose stopped running. But then that was also when I knew that I had to stop taking some Antihistamines.
I’ll post my Best of Comfort Films and Books later this week. Probably add some stuff of the ones I watched and read while I’m sick right now.
For now, I’ll be watching some Hallmark movies and then it’s The Blue Bird for my nightcap.
And another Thank You to all those who have followed, liked, and commented on my blog.
Siblinghood Award 2
This is my second nominee for this. Bookidote nominated me, and they have come up with some good questions. They were hard to answer, but I liked them.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
2. Put the award logo on your blog
3. Answer the ten questions you were given
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
5. Nominate ten other blogs
(01) If you could talk to any historical character in time, what advice would you give him or her?
Florence + The Machine – St Jude
(02) If you were stranded on an island, which human fictional character would you want by your side for the rest of your life and why?
Continue reading “Siblinghood Award 2”