Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions they set for you.
Set some new questions and nominate five more bloggers
01) What are three things that make you laugh?
My niece, The Big Bang Theory tv show, and on occasions my dog Peanut, like right now. There’s a little thunder and rain going on here for us in So. California. Here she is shaking and panting under my sweeter. Scaredy cat. I mean dog. lol
02) What’s your favorite daydream?
03) Would you rather have the power to shapeshift or to make yourself invisible?
Having an invisibility cloak would be fun, but after looking at my dog, I think some shapeshifting would be fun too. As long as I could somehow keep those darn flees off.
04) What’s one of your favorite stupid pun jokes? (Example: “Why did Adele cross the road? To say hello from the other side.”)
“A man walks into a bar.”
But I like the Big Bang Theory show‘s joke more (picture from George Takei‘s Photos)
05) Do you like stickers?
Do I like stickers you ask? Well thanks to Auntie Chelle, my niece has a little box of sticker goodies at Grandma’s house.
06) What’s your favorite social media and why?
Since I’ve been blogging, I have been more interested in the WordPress feed of the blogs I follow. I have also been using Facebook, but it’s been more personal. And lately I’ve been using Twitter. But since blogging I’ve been using social media more.
07) Do you sleep with the light on or off?
💡 💡 On 💡 💡
08) If you performed in a talent show, what would your talent be?
🎵🎤🎵 Singing 🎵🎤🎵. My sisters and I used to go Karaoke bars a lot.
09) Have you ever handwritten a letter? If yes, to whom did you mail it and when?
Yes, my family when I was in the U.S. Navy ⚓ and had to use the very slow “snail mail.” It took about a week for letters to arrive to me from California to the boot camp training in Chicago. And then when I was stationed on the ship, it took about a month or so for the mail to arrive during deployments.
10) What’s your favorite thing to do with friends?
Go to the movies, or hang out at our favorite bar in Long Beach.
11) Big or small, what’s something you’ve done that you’re really proud of?
⚓⚓ That would be when I was in the U.S. Navy for 4 years.
It’s been over a decade ago now since then, and after some of the disabilities I have now (ringing in my ears due to how loud some of the things I worked on was, arthritis and back problems from those horrid beds, etc). Best part was traveling to 8 various Countries.
Wish I could do some traveling again soon.
T. K.‘s Questions
01) If you could have the last unreleased books of any unfinished series, what would they be?
It would probably be the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard just to see if the next books would be worth reading. Goodreads is showing that there’s going to be a book 4? Well I read the first book and thought it was ok. And since book 4 has the release date of 2018, this series is the exception of succumbing to the desire to take a peek at the end.
02) What would your dream library look like?
A Library on the beach. (Bondi Beach, Australia)
03) If you had to live in any dystopian world, which world would you choose?
Well, in Douglas Adams Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series, Earth blew up, so I would consider that I little bit of a dystopia. So I think I would like to live on the Heart of Gold with the characters who are traveling around space at random (and sometimes time too).
04) What do you like best in a book?
Being transported to that place and falling in love with the characters.
05) What specifically makes you dislike a book?
An idjit character or best known as Too-Stupid-To-Live (TTSL). And then there’s the really ridiculous Instant-Love that is just too far fetched to believe. And there’s other pet peeves too but there’s just not enough time for me to rant about them.
06) Generally, what are your expectations on a hyped book before you read it?
The writing had better be decent at the most. And there should be at least some likable characters. And the plot. Oh the plot had better stay strong and not drag through and be redundant.
07) Most beautiful book cover you’ve seen that prompted you to purchase the book immediately?
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness